Friday, March 9, 2012

The Lord Has heard My Cry


Praying the Psalms

I will proclaim the decree of the LORD:

He said to me, “You are my Son; today I have become your Father. Ask of me, and I will make the nations Your inheritance, the ends of the earth Your possession. You will rule them with an iron scepter; You will dash them to pieces like pottery.” Blessed are all who take refuge in Him.

But You are a shield around me, O LORD; You bestow glory on me and lift up my head. To the LORD I cry aloud, and He answers me from His holy hill.

I lie down and sleep; I wake again, because the LORD sustains me. I will not fear the tens of thousands drawn up against me on every side.

From the LORD comes deliverance.

Many are asking, “Who can show us any good?” Let the light of Your face shine upon us, O LORD. You have filled my heart with greater joy than when their grain and new wine abound. I will lie down and sleep in peace, for You alone, O LORD, make me dwell in safety.

For surely, O LORD, You bless the righteous; You surround them with Your favor as with a shield.

Away from me, all you who do evil, for the LORD has heard my weeping. The LORD has heard my cry for mercy; the LORD accepts my prayer. All my enemies will be ashamed and dismayed; they will turn back in sudden disgrace.

I will give thanks to the LORD because of His righteousness and will sing praise to the name of the LORD Most High.



No comments: