Friday, March 9, 2012

Arise, O LORD. Answer Me When I Call You.


Praying The Psalms

Why do the nations conspire and the peoples plot in vain? The kings of the earth take their stand and the rulers gather together against the LORD and against His Anointed One. “Let us break their chains,” they say, “and throw off their fetters.”

LORD, how many are my foes! How many rise up against me! Many are saying of me, “God will not deliver him.”

Arise, O LORD!

Deliver me, O my God! Strike all my enemies on the jaw; break the teeth of the wicked. May Your blessing be on your people.

Answer me when I call to You, O my righteous God. Give me relief from my distress; be merciful to me and hear my prayer.

Give ear to my words, O LORD, consider my sighing. Listen to my cry for help, my King and my God, for to You I pray. In the morning, O LORD, You hear my voice; in the morning I lay my requests before You and wait in expectation.

But I, by Your great mercy, will come into Your house; in reverence will I bow down toward Your holy temple. Lead me, O LORD, in Your righteousness because of my enemies—make straight Your way before me.

Not a word from their mouth can be trusted; their heart is filled with destruction. Their throat is an open grave; with their tongue they speak deceit. Declare them guilty, O God! Let their intrigues be their downfall. Banish them for their many sins, for they have rebelled against You.

But let all who take refuge in You be glad; let them ever sing for joy. Spread Your protection over them, that those who love Your name may rejoice in You.

LORD, do not rebuke me in Your anger or discipline me in Your wrath. Be merciful to me, LORD, for I am faint; O LORD, heal me, for my bones are in agony. My soul is in anguish. How long, O LORD, how long?

Turn, O LORD, and deliver me; save me because of Your unfailing love. No one remembers You when he is dead. Who praises You from the grave?



No comments: