Sunday, April 1, 2012

Afghanistan: February 2012

Today I am posting a followup to yesterday's post titled Afghanistan: April 1, 2009. In that post I used a boston.com website The Big Picture to present a look at what the Afghanistan War looked like three years ago today. Today's follow-up post is once again taken from the boston.com website The Big Picture dated March 14, 2012.


The last three years of war has resulted in many more American, Canadian, and European forces being killed and maimed, not to mention the number of Afghan casualties. I am not particularly concerned about enemy causalities except when those causalities do not produced victory or any hope of victory. When warriors kill their enemy with no intention or pretense of defeating the enemy those warriors are committing murder. I say that not to accuse the individual Soldier or Marine who actually pull the triggers that kill. I do, without hesitation, accuse politicians and senior military leaders of nothing less than murder. They are guilty of killing their enemy and they are guilty of killing their own. They are guilty because they obviously have no intention, and seeming never have had, a military mission to achieve a military victory.


I want to be clear, I am not saying the The Big Picture of the boston.com website is in any way making the accusations I have made. Therefore, I simply reprint their own account.




No comments: